Valentine's Day Coming Soon

It's that time of year again, Valentine's Day - and guess what? I still don't have a boyfriend. Not many people know this, but I've never been on a real date. Yep, that's right. I have gone 27 years with out a date - perhaps one of these days it will happen. Oh, and if you tell me that he will come when you are not looking, I might getting a little mad - once again I'm 27 - do you think I have waited long enough? Yes, I am enjoying the single life right now, but I am also ready to take that next step in life. I am ready to share my LOVE with someone - it would be wonderful to have someone to share my stories, dreams, and life with. And maybe it would be nice to have someone to cuddle next to, and help with dishes and laundry and have a family with...

It's funny because when I talk to my family back home if I mention a guys name, they are like: single? age? Then I break the news that we are just friends. Yes, girls can just be friends with guys - but it would be nice one of these days if they turned into more.

Being single is something that I struggle with quite a bit (not sure struggle is quite the word I am looking for, but it works for now - perhaps challenging). It's not a big struggle, but it would be nice to have that other half to complete me. I look at most of my college friends, where are they? Married and have one or more children. When I'm out with a group of friends I am always looking - would he be a good husband? father?

I believe that I am in a great spot in my life to start dating and take the next step in my life - I have a steady job that I love, a nice apartment, a working vehicle...some people ask me if I have tried on-line dating - this is something that I have given thought, however, I tend to like face-to-face communication, you can learn a lot about a person from talking to them this way rather than via email, webchatting, etc. I go back and forth on the idea.

So yes, with Valentine's Day around the corner people ask what I am doing? I would love to say that I am going out on a date with someone, but the answer is more than likely I will be working on my taxes, or watching a movie.

Valentine's Day is a little bit easier thanks to Mom and Dad. Every year they get me some type of gift. One year we were in Disney World on Valentine's Day and I still got a box of chocolates. Another year I got a poster of my dog Augie (I'm looking at it right now in my living room). Dad once bought me a ring that I got to pick out. They've sent me flowers from the dog to my work. This year I got a package with soup (only can find it in MN), hand towels, note paper, sweater, Skittles (my favorite) and a Snoopy card.

Words of Wisdom:
Valentine's Day is not only for those who have a signifiant other, but also for those who are single and have love of their family.