I had the opportunity to travel with some friends from CT down to New York City on Friday night to meet up with some NYC friends. My adventure...well...was quite interesting. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad I went, but I found out that this style is not for me.
The first place we went to had a small bar atmosphere to it. It was fun until it got really crowed. I am the type of girl who likes low key places, especially if I want to hear the person who is standing next to me. A little after midnight we journeyed to another place. To get there we took the good ole taxi. Big buildings, taxis, many people, - this was a completely different lifestyle for this former Minnesota girl.
To get to the second place you had to be on a waiting list for a party - luckily we had some insiders. This is the first time I have ever been to a place like this before. I really felt like I was in NY - up the elevator to the top and it was what I would call complete mayhem. Since I am not a big fan of clubbing, I decided to let go and soak in the NY atmosphere. I mean how often and I going to have this experience? (just a side note for all those who are wondering - I had three small drinks at the first place and never got drunk on this trip, which is perhaps why this was place was so interesting). I am a communications girl and I really enjoyed people watching. The music was set to the right volume level and we even got a table so we had our own space and didn't have to be in the middle of the floor with everyone. Perhaps one of the reasons why I don't like clubbing is because I am too short and can't see anyone...
At 3am, the party gathered to say goodbye to each other as we went our separate directions for the night. My friend and I took taxi to my friends place for the night. Did I get a wink of sleep? Um, more like 2 hours. The city noise is amazing inside NYC - I have spent the night in Brooklyn before and it was a lot quieter there.
It was really great to see old friends and make new. Next time, yes, I believe there will be a next time to the Big Apple, I will go on a Saturday night and not stay out as late. . .
So what did I learn?:
#1 I am not a fan of crowded places
#2 Taxis are a form of transportation
#3 I am getting old
#4 I am too short
#5 I have successful completed a New Year Resolution - be spontaneous, have fun, and let go...